Options

Trigger Shot Even If you Ovulate on Your Own?

Hello all! I have had 2 failed IUI's this year and last month decided to buy a fertility monitor. The month prior I took ovulation tests and never got the smiley face, so last month the fertility monitor told me that my PEAK fertility was on day 14. I took an ovulation test with the same urine sample and still did not get the smiley face, strange? So this month, AF came today, meaning that if my PEAK fertility is on day 14 again it will fall on July 4th, which is not only a holiday of course, but also a Saturday. My Dr's office is not open on Saturdays. Do I have any other options, like a trigger shot to make me ovulate early? Has anyone ever heard of this? I will be calling my Dr tomorrow, but he is pretty laid back and has been letting me make alot of decisions, and I would like to be somewhat informed and able to ask a lot of questions as to what my options are, even if I wait until next month, it could still possibly fall on a Saturday, but I really hate to wait (I am sure most understand) as I did take last month off to track my cycle with the monitor first. Any advice is greatly appreciated, and baby dust to you all!! ( I am using donor 11423!)
Kirsten

Comments

• Options
    Have you tried to AI at home? We have never done that but I know a lot of people who have had to do it in situations like that...maybe your doc knows a midwife or someone that you could use when your surge causes a weekend AI, I also klow a few people who have used a midwife for ai's. I am sure your doc has dealt with this and will have suggestions for you tomorrow. Good luck!