Options

what a drag!

I tested religiously with an ovulation predictor kit from days 10- 15, sometimes 2 or 3 times per day, and did not come up with a positive result once this month. I ended up having the specimen sent back to the bank so I can try again next month. Anyone ever have this happen? All other physical signs lead me to believe I am ovulating right around day 11-12. Think I may just pitch the kit next month and go in when my body tells me it's time. I am 41, not a young chicken, but still very regular cycle-wise.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Do you test your BBT? Have you check for ovulation with an OPK before? Our RE had us do BBT and use OPK's at least one month before doing the IUI to insure that I still ovulated. I was 35.
  • Options
    I use the Clear Blue Easy digital fertility monitor and, as far as I can tell, it's spot-on. Costs a bit more, but I think it's worth it.

--CSS
  • Options
    Liz, this just happened to me! We just drove the specimens back today.
  • Options
    And yes, it is a huge drag. I'm 31 - should still be ovulating every month, usually a very regular 28 day cycle. We have no idea what the heck happened. Very frustrating, but it is great that CCB was willing to take them back and hold them for an additional 30 days at no cost - made this situation just a little less stressful.
  • Options
    Liz - I just realized we are using the same donor as well. Maybe there is something about "Canister Kevin," (as my wife and I have taken to calling the container) that scared off our LH surge. lol.
  • Options
    Kevin? That's funny since we named him Tim. ha!
  • Options
    Liz,

I noticed a change in my mucus so I tested this morning (day 18) and lo and behold - positive for the LH surge. I don't know if I'll be able to pick up the specimens again since the CCB likes 24 hr notice, but I'm going to call them at 6am and see.

Did you stop testing?
  • Options
    Liz,
    I have tested with several different brands & have found that only the 'First Response' brand works to detect a surge for me. (And this is not a brand our fertility Dr. recomends.)
    Good luck getting your baby juice back in time to insem!
    Funny we call the tank "Ali" our chosen baby girl name.
    Sending Baby dust to All!