Options

what a drag!

I tested religiously with an ovulation predictor kit from days 10- 15, sometimes 2 or 3 times per day, and did not come up with a positive result once this month. I ended up having the specimen sent back to the bank so I can try again next month. Anyone ever have this happen? All other physical signs lead me to believe I am ovulating right around day 11-12. Think I may just pitch the kit next month and go in when my body tells me it's time. I am 41, not a young chicken, but still very regular cycle-wise.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    sorry for the double post- there was an issue when I first posted it and I thought it hadn't gone through. of course now I can't figure out how to delete one of them.
  • Options
    Have you thought about getting a vaginal ultrasound done? They can tell when you're ovulating or perhaps trying the Ovidrel shot which jump starts ovulation so that it occurs 36 hours after the shot.
  • Options
    have you tried the clear blue easy fertility monitor? you can get them at rite aid, cvs, or walgreen
  • Options
    I haven't tried that brand, but I've tried 2 others. Do you really think they are that much different? They all seem to operate on the same principle.

Next month will be my 3rd attempt with my regular OB/GYN. If that is unsuccessful, at that point he will refer me to an RE. If I go through all the proper channels, my insurance will cover 50% of treatments including IVF if we needed to go that far. So it's worth it to wait and try the low-tech way first.