Options

BFP with 12695!!!

I found out Friday I am pregnant with donor 12695. I am looking for others who have used this donor successfully.

Comments

• Options
    Austingurl, congratulations!!! 12695 is my donor too! I mis-timed things on my first try in February but am trying again this month, this week as there were no vials available for a few months. SOOO excited for you - I absolutely loved this donor but was really disappointed when I couldn't get anymore ICI vials... and this time I have only been able to get a few, so really, really hoping this time is a charm. I am wondering - did you achieve success via ICI or IUI?

It would be awesome to know of a sibling, provided I am successful and BFP soon. :)

Not sure how open you are, but I'm excited to find out more about you and your process if you are.
  • Options
    I am so excited to find someone else using him. I got pregnant on my 5th IUI. I bought 6 vials, so I have one left. I noticed he was going fast, so I am considering buying more now to save in case I want another child in a few years. I was waiting to see if anymore ICI vials will become available. I buy the ICI vials because my dr does the washing for a smaller cost and then he does the IUI procedure.

I actually just got a call from my dr. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and my numbers are "perfect". I have a scan on Monday but probably won't see the heartbeat. They just want to make sure it's not a tubal pregnancy. Then, in 2 weeks, I get to see the heartbeat:)

Good luck to you!!! I hope it works. I would love to connect with a sibling and to have someone going through pregnancy and everything at the same time would be amazing!!!!
  • Options
    It would be amazing, I agree. So hoping that it takes for me, but I also recognize most don't see success right away... however I'm hoping I have success either this month or next because there are no more ICI vials available and I only have enough for this month and next. Hopefully he will have more vials soon.

I hope for your success with the pregnancy but am so happy you have achieved BFP!

Hopefully we can make this journey together.
  • Options
    No luck this month with the ICI. After two months of trying this way I am meeting with a midwife Friday to begin IUI. I have a few more ICI vials which I'll hopefully be able to use there... sounds like you were sucessful going that route, so hopefully I will be as well. Would you mind telling me how you were able to time your IUI successfully?

Hope you are doing well!! Would love to hear more about how you are doing and how things are going with the pregnancy.
  • Options
    I wish you luck. I actually lost the baby at 8 weeks. It was no issue with the donor. Apparently it was a chromosonal issue and just a fluke of science.
    The timing that worked though was follicle scan and trigger shot at noon. IUI at 4pm the next day.
    And you should be able to use the ICI vials if your mid-wife or dr office does the washing. The sperm has to be washed before IUI. I bought ICI vials too and my dr did the washing.
    I still have one vial of this donor and will probably use it when I am emotionally ready to try again. After that, I will need to find another donor since he is sold out and retired now.
    But I do wish you the best of luck. I know someone else using this donor so I will make sure she lets you know if it works for her.
  • Options
    Austingirl I am so terribly sorry to hear this news. I apologize that I am just now returning to the board and just saw this message. My heart goes out to you and I truly that your next time is successful. I have found a few other donors that I'm willing to try at this point but still have two more vials that I will likely be trying next month. This is a tough process, no doubt. Sending strong baby dust your way.
  • Options
    vdaffron, did you get pregnant with this donor? I tried again my first chance and am now 8 weeks pregnant with TWINS!!! I am super nervous since I lost the last one at 8 weeks, but sonograms at weeks 6 and 7 showed the babies are both growing on target and I saw two strong heartbeats. I would love to know how yours went and keep in touch if you got pregnant with this donor too.
  • Options
    Hi austingurl and vdaffron. We were apparently alongside both of you in the race for 12695 =)

austingurl - congrats on your pregnancy! We used this donor and my wife is 34 weeks pregnant. She had 6 failed IUI's, and then got pregnant after IVF. Our little boy is due in October! Did the other person you know who used this donor get any results?

We are also disappointed that he is retired...
  • Options
    Yeah!!! I am so excited to find someone else using him. I was sad he retired too. I almost didn't use my last vial just in case I wanted a sibling later. I wanted them to be full siblings. I went with it though and lucked out with twins, so I get my siblings.

I never heard back from vdaffron, so I have no idea if it worked or not. I know there was a woman on the single mother's page who used this donor and was pregnant. I haven't seen any postings from her since the boards came back, so I am not sure how her pregnancy is doing.

Congrats on your baby boy!!! You are so close to delivery, and I am jealous:) I am 10 weeks and everything continues to go well. I would love to stay in touch, exchange photos when my babies arrive in March, etc. My email is austingurl@hotmail.com. I would love to stay in contact if you are interested.