Options

Donor 11050

Hi,Scott,

I feel really silly for asking this question but it just keeps nagging me...so here goes

In his profile it says that donor 11050 has a few freckles,yet he is described as having a dark skin tone..i guess what i'm asking is how dark is he if his freckles are visible...i know that there are several shades of dark when it comes to african americans...I really like that he has freckles as my husband is a light skinned black man with brown hair and freckles and his mom is light skinned with red hair and freckles...thanks in advance for your response.

Comments

• Options
    Hi petal -

It is not a silly question at all. Our skin tone scale is set up to accomodate all donors equally. Relative to many caucasion donors, 11050 does have dark skin. However, relative to other African American donors, I would say he is definitely light skinned.

If you would like more details, please email La'Trice (lallen@cryobank.com). She does our Facial Feature Reports and has a ton of experience in comparing skin tone and features between donors.

I hope this helps,

Scott
    CCB