Options

Blood pressure meds/postponement

I'm having to push my iui date back from July to December due to blood pressure med issues and me wanting to loose more weight.

My gyn who advised me to loose 50 lbs ok'd me (but wanted me to get with my Primary Care Provider) about changing my blood meds), I only lost 26.

My RE was ok with it all from the beginning once we regulated my cycle, BUT I never informed my PCP who flipped out on me because I am on high blood meds that can cause birth defects. He doesn't want to chance it by taking me off so soon and then me getting PG and still have it in my system. So he put me on meds sutiable during pregnancy and said wait at least 6 months but come back and see him ion 2 weeks to see if they work for me.

I'm grateful that I checked with each doctor to make sure we are all on one accord. I really wanted to start in July, but it's God's will not mine.

Comments

• Options
    Hey Gifts,
    Try acupuncture and yoga both should help your BP. It helped mine and I did not have to go on meds. Best of luck !!!
  • Options
    I was on 3 different meds for HTN before getting pregnant. They did change one right before me TTC, but I didn't have to wait. That seems like a long time for the meds to be out of your system. Have you checked with your RE about the new meds? Do they recommend you wait that long?

We did end up changing the other two meds later in my pregnancy due to pre-eclampsia. They were the ones safe for the baby and didn't really help later in my 3rd trimester. I did have to go in twice a week for NST's (non stress tests) for the baby and my daughter was born at 36 weeks by emergency c-section because my BP was 219/124.

Good luck with your decision.