Options

Single and 40, just did IUI

Hello,

I am single and turned 40 in September. I did an IUI Sunday with donor sperm from here.

I had a failed one in July, had used a donor from Xytec, and it was n8 monitoring or medication.

This one was monitored and I did a trigger shot.

I am in Maryland and we had the blizzard, so my father and I had to stay at the Sheraton to be able to get to my clinic.

I have a good feeling about this IUI, but I am having cramps in my abdomen, hope that doesn't mean it failed.

Anyway, I would like to talk with anyone about single motherhood, I hope I will be good at it, lol.

Comments

• Options
    Caroline,

I turned 41 in Dec and had my first iui on Jan 14. I have had some weird and a lot more cramping this month. I did 50mg of clomid and then HCG shot on the 13th. I started having really bad cramping early, on the day of my iui, I am sure that was just me ovulating.
  • Options
    Caroline,

another thing that has helped me is joining the CCB friends on facebook. In a lot of ways I am doing this completely on my own, but join this group I don't totally feel alone.
  • Options
    Thanks, I hope it helps me. I don't know any single mothers in my real life. Especially not through this method, lol.
  • Options
    Hi! I'm in a similar boat...39 and going to do first attempt at iui in a few weeks. I haven't chosen the donor yet and am finding that part to be overwhelming! Good luck to you all. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my unconventional decision.
  • Options
    Hi Caroline,

I am 42 and single as well, I will be going in for my 3rd IUI tomorrow. The second one I had ovulated prior so we are unsure how many hours prior, the doctor decided to do the IUI anyways.

I have not had any medicated cycles due to my hormone levels and ovulating on my own. Today my Estriadol was almost 300 and my LH in the 32 range, also got a peak on my home OPK kit today. I had a follicle in the 20 range sizewise today on US. I started having cramping around 11:30 today, I am so hoping I am not ovulating early again. I asked to be inseminated 2 days in a row but they say they don't do that at my center. I'm hoping the third time is a charm!
    I also live in Maryland and my fertility center is near the Sheraton :-)

Wishing you luck, the TWW is tough
  • Options
    Hi Caroline - I'm 38 and single and had my first IUI last week. The waiting is killing me, but nice to know there are others in the same boat!