Options

How did u meet?

Hi out there to my fellow prospective mommas to be! My partner Stacy and I are new to this lovely little bulletin board, and we wanted to say hello and tell you all a bit of our story. We live in small town Oklahoma smack dab in the middle of the bible belt, which sounds ominous to many obviously because religion as a whole does not do well in accepting our lifestyle. We are lucky tho, we both have families and friends who love, support, and accept us both. Stacy and I grew up in the same town, knew of each other, but actually connected and fell in love after all these years! We knew fairly quickly we wanted to have babies together, and so, this August we will try AI for the very first time and we are so excited! We would love to hear from you all and hear your stories too if you're willing to share:)

Stacy and Amanda

Comments

• Options
    Hi Stacy and Amanda, me and my partner are going to try for 2nd time on august too, I can't wait until that day. But you know what it is possible to get pregnant on the 1st try -I did but I miscarry at 5 wks. Try definetly stay away from saunas and hot tubs. I did not know that after I miscarry. also take easy-do not stress, worry or lift up thing heavier than 10 lbs.
    GOOD LUCK!!
    Gris & Ana
  • Options
    So nice to hear from you! Thanks for the pointers...good to know since we have a hot tub! No getting in for me. I hope u ladies have a successful August :)
    GOOD LUCK to you too!

Stacy and Amanda
  • Options
    Okie shout out! We are currently in OKC/Downtown. Welcome. We are on our 2ww with our 6th IUI try. We've been going through this process for almost a year now, so if you have any questions feel free to contact us.
    carlajo181@yahoo.com

Carla and Lauren
  • Options
    Hello fellow Okies. We are also in the OKC area. In another tww, been trying for about a year aslo. Glad to know other Oklahoma couples are out there.
  • Options
    Hey Okie ladies!!!!! How awesome to know we are not alone in Oklahoma. So if I might ask....have you L&C and ec been going to Dr. R there in OKC?

Amanda and Stacy
  • Options
    Hi Ladies! My wife is from Oklahoma and I attended Oklahoma Baptist University. We lived in Shawnee until 2007 and currently live in Hawaii. Our plan is to end up in California. We have not started trying to get pregnant yet but we're getting close! Nice to meet you all!

Lauren
  • Options
    Yes, we are seeing Dr. R. Our first 2 tries were with a doc in Dallas, followed by 2 tries with my wife's gyno in Norman. 5th and 6th try were with Dr. R....love him! 7th try will be next month.

LaurenRTD, Aloha! My father lived in Aiea for seven years. I attended school in Edmond but would spend all my free months in Aiea working at a local restaurant. Because of my nationality, we are shooting for a hapa baby! :)
  • Options
    Hello everyone,

My wifey and I met on Match.com and have been married now for almost 2 years. We have tried 4 times (IUI) and next month will be our 4th try with Clomid. Were really excited to have a baby and hope the 4th try will be a success!
    Best wishes to you all...Lots of baby dust!
  • Options
    Hi All -

Great stories! :)

My wife and I met when I was on the panel that hired her. :) Funny thing is.....my thoughts after the interview were "hmm...she'll do, I guess." Ha! I will NEVER live that one down. I was actually seeing someone else at the time. We were really good friends, and when my other relationship went south, we got together. :)

We have been trying since January and on our 4th try, we were successful! :) We went in for our first appt. today and saw the heartbeat. Amazing! Good luck to you all and wishing lots of baby dust.
  • Options
    Congrats Aprilfooz! Wonderful news!

Its so nice to meet all of you...I love your stories!

Its getting closer! I have been taking my temp everyday and charting like a mad woman...and of course peeing on a stick too when its that time! My partner and I are so in pregnancy mode! Every morning she asks...baby what was your temp. today? Lol we are so excited for our first try in August...we've started counting down in terms of cycles...only one more to go!

Anyway...baby wishes to you ALL...enjoy your weekend!

Stacy and Amanda
  • Options
    L&C and colealeigh how has your experience been with Dr. R? Do you and your partner both feel comfortable going to your appt. how is the staff? Thanks for your comments.
  • Options
    EC,

Stacy and I had our initial visit back in May and I was very impressed both with Dr. R and with his Nurse Beverly. Both were warm and welcoming to us and very informative about the AI process. We had to go to an appointment with a Lic. Social Worker that works closely with Dr. R for a mental eval...its standard procedure...her name is Carol Mathison...she was wonderful as well. The ladies in the lab all seem nice too. We just shipped our vials from cryobank to the lab at Dr. R.'s...all i had to do was give them a quick call to say they were on their way and they said they would take care of it from there! We look forward to and expect a smooth first IUI in August with Dr. R. I'll keep ya posted on how that goes. Good luck EC.

Stacy and Amanda
  • Options
    Hello everyone. My wife and I are also very new to the bulletin boards and also relatively new to the IUI procedures. We met through my sister 7 yrs ago and got married in CT last July...our 1yr. anniversary is 7/25~We had our first attempt last month but unfortunately it didn't work out. Our second and hopefully last IUI will occur sometime in the next week :-) We feel really strongly about this attempt because it's a special month for us with my wife's bday (7/31) and our anniversary, plus we figured out that if it takes this month, the baby will be born in April...which is our dating anniversary month:-) We are working with a great group of doctors out of the UCONN medical center and everyone has been so supportive and caring there. It's reassuring to hear other stories of couples going through the same thing we are.

Good luck everyone,

Kristen and Alicia
  • Options
    Hi ladies! My partner and i are also new to the bulletin boards:) we have been together for 10 years shes really the love of my life.we are very excited ,finally decided on a donor and hope to do our first iui in august...Good luck to all
  • Options
    Hi! Well my partner janell and I met over three years ago we are from Detroit and the scene is very small, however I had no clue she was best friends with my aunt, we met for the first time and she told my aunt that I was going to be her wife and here we are engaged!!!! But more than married we want to be mothers and have talked about it since we've got together. We are now in the process of buying a home and cant wait to hear the pitter patter of little feet^_^
  • Options
    Hi Ladies...LOL My girl was my boss for 5 years and we were both in long term relationships. We never even looked at eachother like that. Both of our relationships went south literally the same month so we leaned on eachother for comfort and to get our minds off things. Then BAM a spark was lit. I did leave my job to pursue a relationship, which I even thought was nuts at the time. Neither one of us wanted a rebound type thing so we made things casual and about having fun for almost a year. Well 13 years later we are still having fun!!! We have always wanted to have children and are excited to begin our journey. We are due for our 1st IUI in 2 weeks. Thanks for letting us share. Baby dust to all!!!
  • Options
    I'm new to this thread....but had to post b/c your stories are all so cute I can't stand it!

My partner and I met 4 1/2 years ago through craigslist! Got married here in San Francisco 2 years ago. We are part of the lucky few so far in CA whose marriages are legal. Hoping that will change soon as the courts keep finding prop 8 (voter approved proposition against same sex marriage) unconstitutional.

We did our first iui this month--happened that I ovulated and so we inseminated on our wedding anniversary, which was special.

Now on day 11piui and finding the 2ww pretty hard. Did an hpt yesterday night and it was negative. Hope that just means that the ovidrel/hcg trigger shot is out of my system.

Glad to find you all!
  • Options
    Well hello! It is refreshing to read about similar situations. I enjoy hearing all of your stories and I would love to share mine as well.
    I met my partner at work, in a nursing home, almost 10 years ago. We realized then that we have a pretty hefty age difference, and we are surprised to this day that we have been together for so long. We live in Kentucky and have beautiful acreage with horses and cows. The down side living here is the decease in support the more “open” about our relationship we are. Nevertheless, we have both been extremely self-sufficient and this October we celebrate our Civil Union for the 8th time, thanks to Vermont! Our next journey…a child, with the help of CCB. I hope to complete my first IUI this October, on our anniversary.
  • Options
    We love all the stories! So very neat to hear from u all. Our update: we just completed our first IUI and so the 2ww begins. It's kinda special to us as this is the month we made a connection or u could say our spark was lit! So we hope we can light this spark and make a baby this time around! Keep the stories comin ladies! We love em!
  • Options
    Hey, more Oklahomans! We're near Tulsa. We met on IRC 17 years ago.

We loved Dr. R & Beverly, and have a 7yo thanks to them.
  • Options
    Congratulations on your first iui, colealeigh! You can definitely light that spark!

We are coming to the end of our first iui cycle today and trying to get ready emotionally to move on to cycle #2. Today was 13dpiui for us, and the hpt was negative. I also feel AF coming. So we're sad today. Now going to read more tips on getting pregnant.....let me know if you have advice!

PS. EASebastian--your Kentucky lifestyle sounds amazing! We fantasize about living in the country but a) have no farming skills and b) are so used to being super-out that the culture adjustment would be shocking to us!
  • Options
    My wife and I love everyone's stories! How we met isn't as original or interesting as most. We met in a gay bar on Karoke night when she asked me to sing Summer Nights with her. The rest was history... We have been married for two years and met this month six years ago. We had our first try last month and are on the final days of the dreaded 2ww. We wish everyone good luck!

C & G
  • Options
    Well, how'd the 2ww turn out? We are on day 3 of our 2nd 2ww....

Good to hear ur story and lots of baby dust ur way!

Amanda and Stacy
  • Options
    Hello everyone! We are new to these boards too, and it's been great reading the fun stories and shared experiences. My partner and I have been together for 10 years and live in NC. When we first met, I was stepping off my front porch, leaving for a run, and she was walking her dog on the sidewalk. I thought, now who is this super-cute woman coming up the street, with a boxer no less? (my favorite breed) So I ran up to her and asked if I could pet her dog and we started talking, and somehow, inexplicably, we knew in that moment that we each had found our other halves. So we fell in love, and ten years went by so quickly! We've talked about having children ever since the beginning, and now, after finishing grad school and taking a few years just for us, we are finally ready to do it!! This week is my first u/s and iui. We are really excited and hope that it will be a smooth process. It's good to know there is a supportive community here - good luck and baby dust to all!