Options

All the single ladies....

Hi single moms-to-be. My name is Karen and I am new to this site. I have made the decision to have a baby without Mr. Right and it's nice to know you all understand that decision. So, it's nice to "meet" you all!

Comments

• Options
    Hello Karen. Good luck on your journey. I have my first IUI on Monday or Tuesday =)
  • Options
    Good Luck Heather!
  • Options
    Hi Karen! Congrats on making this decision! Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Hi Karen! Congrats on making this decision! Best of luck to you!
  • Options
    Thanks AbbyJenna! I am really excited - I have dreampt my whole life of being a mom!
  • Options
    Well I got my smiley face this morning so it looks like I'm going in tomorrow for my IUI. Now all of a sudden I'm nervous. Wish me luck =)
  • Options
    GOOD LUCK!!!
  • Options
    I am also going through this process as a single mom. It truly makes it easier knowing there are others out there who are in the same boat. Where is everyone living? I'm in Florida. Anyone else in Fl.?
  • Options
    I'm in NY
    :-)
  • Options
    Hello nbound72 I'm in California

I went in this morning for the IUI. My doctor let my friend and I look under the microscope to see them swimming around before we did it. It didn't hurt at all and she said I have a beautiful cervix. Since it was a Sunday and she was there alone she had my friend hold the syringe for a minute so now she says she's the first one that got to hold the baby lol

So wish me luck that it works I'm now officially in my TWW =)
  • Options
    That is such an exciting feeling to know you could be pregnant. I wish I was able to look under the microscope. When I had mine, they showed me the vial. It was such a small amount of fluid to the naked eye. It's truly so amazing. Is this your first IUI? The TWW feels like an eternity but it will be worth the wait when you get that positive result. I'm in the process of preparing for IVF in a few weeks. Lots of prep work beforehand. Plese stay in touch and let us all know what happens.
  • Options
    I'm in FL and getting ready for my IUI on Wednesday. Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    Yes nbound72 this is my first IUI. I'm very excited to think that I may be pregnant right now. The two people who know at work kept asking me if I was having symptoms yet lol I think they are as excited as me. Good luck with your IVF

ripeluso good luck with your IUI on Wednesday =)
  • Options
    Welcome Karen, and best of luck to you. I was fortunate enough to get pregnant on my second unmedicated IUI, and feel truly blessed. I'm 23 weeks pregnant with a precious little boy, and due November 21st.

Baby dust to everyone!
  • Options
    Hi all, I'm in Florida first IUI aug 5 and aug 6. Good luck to everyone. Baby dust to all
  • Options
    Where in Fl. Sandmj? I'm in S. Fl.
  • Options
    Thank you Gltrbug! I am also starting my first IUI this month! I am at Day 2 today - going in for blood tomorrow! It is so surreal....I am sooo excited.

Meanwhile, I am unsure about the donor. I am using 11443, who I loved until I heard his audio and it is awful. Not sure if I should switch...Thoughts?? (My friends/family think the audio tape is irrelevant...)

p.s. I have to use a Jewish donor b/c I am a carrier for a disease that only jewish donors are tested for....
  • Options
    This TTW is killing me and it hasn't even been a week yet!! I think I'm having symptoms already I feel sick to my stomach most of the day and am getting indigestion which I never normally have. Sore breasts and some smells making me want to puke. I'm hoping they are all good signs but will have to wait to find out.

How is everyone else doing?
  • Options
    hi everyone! i am in utah. going through this journy as a wanna be single mom :) i have been follwing some of your stories and must say they are very encouraging. i will be going in for my first IUI in about 2.5 weeks. i will keep you all in my thoughts. good luck to you all :)
    julie
  • Options
    I'm in northeast Florida my first iui on thursday. i am happy, nervous, worried, scared, and very impatient
  • Options
    Hi Karen, Congratulations and welcome. I am in Texas. My ob/gyn referred me a RE. I had my appointment today and all looks well. They did an ultrasound and my ovaries, follicles, and uterus where in good shape. I had my blood test also today. I will have my first IUI the beginning of September. I am very excited and hopeful.

Good luck to all of you. Lots of baby dust. I am praying for all of you. I am so grateful for the support and ability to talk with all of you.
  • Options
    Good luck sandmj for your IUI on Thurs. I know that impatient feeling very well.
  • Options
    Good Morning Ladies!!

I got a BFP!!!!! I'm so excited I took the test at 430 am and couldn't believe it. I'll be calling my doctor today to tell her. Just wanted to share.
  • Options
    Heather - That's awesome. Congrats. You must have wanted to call everyone at 4:30 am. LOL Keep us all posted on what the doctor says.
  • Options
    Thank you nbound72.

My doctor told me to test again 5 days past my missed period (which is due tomorrow) and then call her with that result. I'm not really sure why she's having me do that instead of just having me come in for a blood test but I'll do what she says.
  • Options
    Congratulations Heather. Please keep us informed of your progress. Very excited for you.
  • Options
    Congratulations Heather!
  • Options
    Thanks for starting the thread! Single also first IUI this month. Have high FSH but hopeful. Just have to narrow down the donor list... I am in FL also :)
  • Options
    Getting ready for my invitro next week and these hormone shots are tough. Anyone else going through shots? Doing this is tough but I can't wait to see that positive test result.

Where in Fl. are you aunt shell?
  • Options
    hopefulheather

I am in california also. I just had my first child with IUI and she is perfect. I kind of stop coming to the boards when I became pregnant, but now I have even more questions as a single mom. HAHA

Heather is your doctor pushing the whooping cough shot also? I was to get it before I became pregnant and I just got around to it last month.