Options

ovulating!!

Had an ultrasound scheduled this this tuesday, expecting trigger shot Wednesday and IUI on Friday. However, my opk shoed a big happy face today!!! I called the doctors exchange and the nurse called back and has rescheduled my ultrasound for tomorrow morning. This is only my second IUI attempt and I used a trigger shot on the first one. Since I am already ovulating does that mean I won't need to use it? I know I'kk get these answers from my doctor tomorrow, but just looking for others with more experience. Is there a chance they would go ahead with the IUI tomorrow also??

Comments

• Options
    That is EXACTLY what happened to me last time! My OPK showed happy face a night before the U/S appointment, and doctor decided it was too late for a trigger shot and performed IUI that day, and scheduled one more for the day after. It turned out we wasted two vials since I did not get pregnant. Perhaps, he did insemination a little too soon? Your doctor should see the size of your follicle(s)and lining to make the decision. I would wait and see.
    I HOPE we do not miss trigger shot this month. Going for U/S on Friday...
  • Options
    Well, I am the opposite. I am ovulating late this month apparently. The scan on Friday showed a 15mm and not close to ovulating. I am going back Monday for another scan and doing kits over the weekend to make sure we don't miss it but no signs of ovulation yet. My doctor is now saying hopefully IUI Tuesday which would be day 17 in my cycle. But it might even be Wednesday. This is almost worst than the 2 ww because I am scared we are going to miss it and I thought I would be 4 days into the 2 ww by the time we do the IUI. But, timing is everything and we have to get it right so I am still waiting.

Good luck to you Jaimec.
  • Options
    My ultrasound this morning shows 3 good follicles, I do trigger shot at midnight and IUI Wednesday morning.

Good luck Muza and austingurl!
  • Options
    Jaimec,

We will definately be doing this together this time. I went in today and had a good follicle on the right ovary. IUI tomorrow at 4pm. I am really hoping this works because they said with only producing one follicle with a double dose of femara, I might be looking at injectibles next round. While it's exciting that it would increase my chances, I am terrified of ending up with twins. My mom is a twin so I have all the risk factors already. There is no way I could afford day care for twins...eek. So, here's to hoping we are all successful this month.
  • Options
    Muza,
    Any word on when your IUI is?
  • Options
    IUI was this morning -- day 15. Seems so late as my periods are usually 25 days or less. But we were monitoring the egg, did OPK and trigger shot and the follicle was gone this morning, which doctor said was a good thing. No pain during IUI this time and no cramping ( yet?). And we have beautiful 75 degrees in sunny CA January. Life is good!Entering TWW! :)
  • Options
    Keep in mind that a positive OPK does not mean you are actually 'ovulating'.. it just means it detects an LH surge and you're supposed to ovulate anywhere from 12-72 hours from now, so there is a good chance you still have time for the IUI. And youre right, an ultrasound would be able to give a more definitive answer and of course, bloodwork done about a week afterwards can tell you if you actually ovulated or not. OPK's are not the holy grail, that's for sure. I have this down to a science as I've been TTC for over a year now.
    And Austingurl I am a twin too (identical), as was my great uncle. I do not believe that twins 'run in the family.' It happens by chance. I am also a little nervous about twins as I certainly can't afford day care for two but then again, this is a chance we all take. I am getting IVF in March so I am definitely transferring 3 embryos, providing atleast 3 eggs make it to the blastocyte stage.This process is stressful and scary and I dont wish it on anyone.SSBD!!
  • Options
    Good luck ladies!!
  • Options
    Well, I am out. AF arrived this morning...ugh. Very disappointed since I had cramping Saturday, but no AF Saturday or Sunday. Saturday would have been day 28 and I always start on day 28. I was starting to feel hopeful, but then AF arrived. Guess I need to call the doctor tomorrow and start again. I'm nervous because the dr mentioned starting injectibles this month, but I'll see what he says tomorrow.

Good luck to the rest of you ladies.
  • Options
    I am on day 28 today and so far so good. But my doctor does blood tests after 2 weeks (which will be tomorrow) so I'll know for sure Thursday....or earlier if AF does show up.
    So sorry austingurl....maybe you just need that extra boost of injectibles and you'll be successful this next time!