Options

Timing shipping

Hi there, I was curious if you had any advice for timing shipping of specimens. I just discovered that there is no where in my hometown to store specimens. That means I'm going to have to try to time the shipping so that my IUI will occur during the 7 days the cooling system lasts. I will be doing an unmedicated unmonitered IUI. I'm really worried about this now. Any advice is appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    Hi Griz -

Please note that the tank is validated for 7 days from the ship date. So for example, if you schedule your specimen to ship out of our facility on a Monday, we suggest that you use the specimen by the following Monday.

I'm not sure if you've been charting your ovulation or how regular your cycle is, but I would suggest figuring out when you are going to ovulate and factor in some extra days in case you are early or late.

You may also want to choose the Priority or Saturday Priority shipping option to cut down the amount of time the tank is in transit, so that you can maximize your window.

If for some reason you miss your ovulation and already shipped out the tank, you can send it back to us and we can store it for you until your next cycle.

Once you have an idea when you will ovulate, I would suggest calling Client Services to discuss the different shipping options.

Best of luck,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    Thanks Nicole. I was wondering about the possibility of sending a specimen back for storage. Thank you.