Options

Meds or No Meds

I am in the beginning phase of the process and am planning for my 1st attempt in Nov. Does anyone have info on whether Femara or Clomid is worth taking even if all of the labs/us/hsg are good? I am 40.

Comments

• Options
    I am 39 and just I finished 3 IUI's natural cycle. All infertility testing was fine and I am still ovulating regularly on my own. The first tracking ultrasound showed 1 mature follicle, with 2 ready right behind the main one. The first IUI was a chemical pregnancy, the next 2 did not work. I have an appointment on the 28th to discuss & pursue meds, since it doesn't seem to be happening naturally. I hope to try one cycle before my next IUI with meds, labs, & us to see how my body reacts with the meds & side effects. My main concern is multiples, and how to financially plan for the long haul on one salary.

Best of luck.
  • Options
    Hi Lori, Thanks for the reply. I am somewhat concerned about multiples but I guess I have a decent enough salary, just lots of work. I will prob try one natural cycle, then go for meds. Let me know how things go. Good Luck!