Options

BFN : ( after CD32 and 14DPIUI...

Got home from a nice weekend in Red River and feeling enthusiastic that I hadn't had a visit from AF and was on my way to get the blood work done and I'll be damned if AF didn't come on my way to get the blood work done to check if I was pregnant.
Oh well...what can I say other than it is disappointing. If my DP and I decide to go with another donor since this was the last vial of our selected donor...we are using another RE. Ours knew my Progesterone level was only 3 and did nothing to supplement it in order to help us be successful in our attempt at having a family. He didn't even call me to discuss options. What an Asshole!

Ladies...I can't stress the importance of having a Dr. that you have a good relationship with that apparently CARES about you and your efforts of having a family. Mine had a "couldn't really care" kind of attitude and I've checked and found another RE that several people recommend that my insurance will take.

We have to decide if we want to take on the emotional and financial expense of attempting another 1 or 2 tries of IUI.

Best to you all and thank you so much for all the loving support you offer. Baby Dust, Baby Dust, Baby Dust to you all trying!

Wendy

Comments

• Options
    Gosh, dang it!! And the only reason I'm not using anything stronger is I'm still at work.

Can you sue these folks for neglience or something?? Seems like they should be charged with that since they KNEW there was a problem and didn't do anything to try and help the situation any.

Don't give up... your family is worth the effort, Wendy...
  • Options
    I am so sorry for the BFN. :(

As for your experience with your RE, that SUCKS! I was lucky enough to have some friends recommend an OB/GYN that specializes in fertility. We just love him! I would definitely "shop around" until you find someone you really like. Someone who truly wants you to succeed. Fortunately you have insurance coverage! I am so jealous!

I know what you mean about wondering if you should take a break or not. Financially it is difficult, but the emotional side to it has been sooo hard for me and we've only tried a couple of times. Its just devastating to us. I don't know how many more times I can do it, to be honest. I am taking it one day at a time for now.

I wish you all the best! Baby Dust!