Options

VIALS

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WITH A.R.T AND PREMIUM VIALS? ALSO, TO PURCHASE VIALS FROM CCB DO YOU NEED TO GO TO THE OFFICE FOR CONSULTATION OR CAN I JUST PURCHASE ONLINE? I ALREADY RECEIVED MY PACKET AND REGISTERED. I AM WAITING TO HAVE AN HSG DONE BEFORE I PURCHASE THE VIALS, BUT WANT AS MUCH INFO AS POSSIBLE. THANKS:)

Comments

• Options
    Hi ORL -

The difference between A.R.T. vials and premium vials is the quantity of motile sperm. The A.R.T. vials contain less sperm and are usually only used for advanced procedures like IVF.

The IUI(washed)A.R.T. vials contain between 5-9 million motile sperm, while the IUI premium vials contain at least 10 million. The ICI (unwashed) A.R.T. vials contain 8-14 million motile sperm, while the ICI premium vials contain at least 15 million.

http://www.cryobank.com/How-It-Works/Specimen-Processing/Assisted-Reproductive-Technology-(A-R-T-)-Vials/A-R-T--Vials-FAQs/

It's important to check with your physician to see which type of vials he/she would like you to order. You can purchase the vials from the website, but you will still need your physician to complete and fax us an A1 form for you, before you can ship out or pick up any vials. You can download an A1 form here and bring it to your physician: http://www.cryobank.com/How-It-Works/Opening-Your-Account/

If you have any questions about setting up an account or purchasing, please don't hesitate to call Client Services and they can talk you through the process.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    THANKS. I HAVE THE CATALOG AND FORMS AND WILL HAVE AN IUI DONE SO I'LL JUST PURCHASE THE PREMIUM. ALSO, IF MY PHYSICIAN IS ABLE TO HOLD MY VIALS HOW LONG BEFORE THE IUI DO YOU RECOMMEND TO HAVE THEM SHIPPED?
  • Options
    Hi ORL -

If your physician's office has long-term storage, I would suggest having the tank arrive at least two days before your insemination. The transit time will depend on the shipping option that you choose, but you should plan to schedule your shipment about a week before your insemination.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    THANK YOU SO MUCH. YOU HELPED ME A LOT
  • Options
    I see that the donors I saved are $650 per vial. If I have them shipped to Kaiser in Fontana how much extra do I need to pay? Just want an idea ahead of time of the shipping fees. I plan to purchase 2 vials when we decide. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi ORL -

Fontana is an area where our local courier delivers to, so the cost would be $125 for a weekday delivery or $145 for a Saturday delivery. If you ship the vials separately, you would need to pay this amount twice.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    THANK YOU
  • Options
    SORRY ANOTHER QUESTION. I WAS TOLD TODAY I SHOULD PICK A NEGATIVE BLOOD TYPE ANS THE DONOR WE FOUND IS $750. WHY ARE SOME DONOR VIALS MORE EXPENSIVE? IS IT BECAUSE LOOK OR DONOR TYPE?
  • Options
    Hi ORL -

Vial prices depend on the donor type and the type of vial.

For example:

ICI premium vials for an Anonymous donor are:$550
    IUI premium vials for an Anonymous donor are:$650

ICI premium vials for an Open donor are:$650
    IUI premium vials for an Open donor are:$750

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    HI MY PARTNER AND I PLAN TO PICK UP THE VIAL INSTEAD. WHEN I PURCHASE ONLINE CAN I PICK IT UP ANYTIME? IM GOING TO TAKE CLOMID AND THE TRIGGER SHOT SO I DON'T HAVE A DATE YET
  • Options
    Hi ORL -

When you purchase the specimen, you have to choose a pick-up date and time because we have to prepare the tank for you. If you don't know your pick-up date yet, you can choose the "I will do it later" option and you will have up to 30 days to call us to schedule the pick-up.

It's important that you call us at least 1 business day before you would like to pick up your specimen. Our pick-up hours at our LA branch are Mon-Fri 9am-5pm and Sat 9am-12noon.

Please note that the pick-up tanks are validated for 5 days and the specimen should be used within that time period.

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB
  • Options
    The link explaining ART vials no longer works. What happened?
  • Options
    Hi Texas -

We are no longer producing ART vials and only have about 25 donors that still have ART vials available.

You should be able to access this link for ART Vial FAQs:
    http://www.cryobank.com/How-It-Works/Specimen-Processing/Assisted-Reproductive-Technology-(A-R-T-)-Vials/A-R-T--Vials-FAQs/

Regards,

Nicole
    CCB