Options

BFP!!!

5th IUI and it seems to have worked!! 2 hpt's say positive, I see the doc on Thursday for a blood test.

Comments

• Options
    Yay jaimec!!!! That's awesome! You've been MIA this tww and I've been on the edge of my seat waiting to hear your outcome. SO happy for you!

We single ladies seem to be having a nice run of bfps. Keep it up girls!
  • Options
    Congrats, jaimec!! SO happy for you!!
  • Options
    Congrats!! Looks like #5 was the magic time for both of us. I am so happy for you.
  • Options
    WOW! Soooo happy for you jaimec!! It's awesome to see all these positives!
  • Options
    YEAH but I told you that yesterday. LOL
  • Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I have been MIA because it gets harder and harder for me each month and I thought maybe focusing my attention elsewhere would help me relax. Congrats to you too austingurl!
    And yes, Anissa has the inside information before it's posted on here :-)
  • Options
    congrats Jaimec !!!! ive been pulling for ya since i started on these boards, thats when i had suggested maybe a different donor...so happy for ya :) congrats to austingurl too !!!, yes AnissaS has the inside info for sure, I think i should do the accupuncture youve suggested too AnissaS ! :) my last IUI failed...my progesterone was low..
  • Options
    Congratulations jaimec!!! Very happy for you! Keep us updated on your progress.
  • Options
    How did the blood test and dr visit go today?
  • Options
    metsfan my recommendations for you, go for acupuncture. I actually had an appt on the day that I was inseminated. It was luck of hte draw, as I make my appts about 3 weeks in advance. I also had a glass of wine on the day of insemination and just relaxed. That is the only advice I can give.
  • Options
    blood test was positive, next one on Monday!
  • Options
    Great news, jaimec!
  • Options
    Yay Jaimec congrats !!! :)

thanks for the recommendations AnissaS :)
  • Options
    Oh, jaimec, SO happy for you! Hurrah!
  • Options
    Congrats Jaimec!! Isn't it exciting? I have been browsing nursery sites for days now but keep promising myself I am not buying anything until I am through the first trimester.
  • Options
    thanks!!! hcg went from 196 on thursday to 1000 on monday! first ultrasound on the 22nd.
    austingurl - I am afraid to even LOOK yet!
  • Options
    Wow!! Your numbers jumped!!! Maybe twins??? lol
  • Options
    better not be twins! I only had 1 egg this month so if it is twins, it's not because of medication.
  • Options
    Oh Jaimec congratulations! I've been laying low as I take this month off..so happy to log in and see your news!
  • Options
    Oh Jaimec congratulations! I've been laying low as I take this month off..so happy to log in and see your news!
  • Options
    Congrats jaimec that's great news.

llyct all one can do is take one day at a time.
  • Options
    thank you llyct!
    how have you been??
  • Options
    Hello everyone! I was totally away from the boards for a while, and now I see SO many positive changes and all these BFPs!!! SO encouraging! I have had 4 unsuccessful IUIs so far, on a break this month -- yay for the 5th lucky one! Speaiking of which: congrats Jaimec and Austngurl! Awesome news. Now.. do you mind sharing your journey of IUIs -- what medications were you on, etc. I am trying to decide how to improve my chances on my fifth try. Thanks!
  • Options
    I had 4 iui's with clomid. The first try was 2.5 mg and tries 2,3, and 4 were 5mg. My fifth and successful try was 5mg clomid days 4-7 and a "boost" of gonal f days 8-10. My dr did not put me on a full round of shots so giving them only for 3 days wasn't bad at all. Then scan on day 13 at noon with a trigger shot. I had the iui day 14 day 4pm. BFP two weeks later:). So, clomid and gonal f was my magic recipe.
  • Options
  • Options
    I don't know why I typed clomid. I was on femara. It's basically the same though.
  • Options
    pregnancy brain ;)
  • Options
    I've been well Jaimec. I have to say it's been a nice month of not thinking about much of it at all! I'm gearing up for CD1 any day now, so I'll be back on the roller coaster. My vials are out after this try #4 so I'll reassess going forward if it doesn't work (but again, hoping that it's an irrelevant point and this time it works). How are you feeling?
  • Options
    Congratulations Jaimec,such wonderful news!!!
  • Options
    thanks all.
    I did 1 try non-medicated, 2 with Clomid but got cysts and 2 with injectibles (bravelle). Both times with bravelle I did back to back IUI's and the fifth one worked. I go Tuesday for my first ultrasound so I am excited but nervous!