Options

Going for round 3 with this donor trying Clomid for first timer. Doc said to add estrogen to help lining thicken back from Clomid. I am so hoping this time for success. No more $ and emotionally this is hard. I am 41 and feel unsure sometimes. Good news is that recently discovered my Kaiser coverage is pretty good, so may go through them for IVF, if not successful this round..

Comments

• Options
    I'll be doing my first IUI with this donor sometime next week. I only took Clomid for 2 days however because the side effects were too much for me (nausea and vomiting). I have an appt this Monday to see how the follicles look and if I'm ready or if my cycle is messed up by having to stop the Clomid.

Good luck on your third round!!!
  • Options
    Thanks sorry to know about side effects, hope I can tolerate it. Sending baby dust your way!!!
  • Options
    Hope it works for you 4usbaby I was actually thinking how you are doing since we were doing the same and the same age. My you be blessed with baby dust. My 3rd round didn't work so I am going to now try a mini IVF cycle. Very frustrating and emotional.
  • Options
    Greetings, littleone27 sorry it did not work for u, what is mini IVF? So I was going for my 3 rd round and got poision ivy after during yard work and apparently I had a severe case that almost required hospitalization. So had to get injection one round of steroids and 3-4 weeks of oral steroids. Needless to say no insemination and have sit out 1-2 cycles bc steroids remains in system awhile afterwards. I was disappointed but was not willing to take the risk to my baby side effects to fetuses is to great. So use this time to get massage many acupuncture, continue losing weight and prepare for next round. Best of luck to you,I totally understand your pain, frustration, disappointment and all other emotions u r feeling. We can chat off line if u like sometimes let me know
  • Options
    4usbaby: sorry to hear that you're out for the next 2 cycles...I can't imagine how frustrating that is. My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now. My wife was the first to try but after discovering she had low ovarian reserve and many failed IUI's, the only option for her was IVF, which we cannot afford.

So now we moved onto me; I'm 5 years younger and after all the preliminary testing I have no infertility problems. So we are hoping this first IUI with me works for us because like you stated earlier, this is an expensive and emotionally draining process.

I find out on the 16th...our donor (12895) and yours is a great specimen according to our clinic. So fingers crossed that we both get our BFP soon!
  • Options
    Epmarzullo wishing you much success, baby dust, BFP and peace during the waiting period.. keep me posted.
  • Options
    Well I'm out this round.. AF started early!
  • Options
    My wife had her IUI today with 12895. Are fingers are crossed..and now just waiting to find out. This is our first IUI.
  • Options
    Good luck Shernandez!!! Did you guys do a natural or medicated IUI?

I'm having my second IUI with 12895 on Saturday :)
  • Options
    epmarzullo: Good Luck to you both as well!!
    We did ours natural. Should find out this Wednesday :)
  • Options
    Oh wow! You're almost at the finish line! Let us know your results!

We find out our results on Sunday but knowing me I may start testing myself on Friday. I hope this is the one for both of us!
  • Options
    epmarzullo:
    No such luck this round :(
    We will try again..Best wishes to you both!