Options

hysterosalpingogram

Has anyone had experiance with this procedure ? i am scheduled to have this next Tuesday. I have heard that in some cases fertility improves for 3 -4 months after. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Hi India,

I had an HSG this past July. It took the doctor almost an hour to thread the balloon catheter for the procedure. But, don't worry, this is not typical. It's usually a 10-15 minute procedure. It was very uncomfortable put not painful. The die that was injected caused severe bloating for a day. I wasn't prepared for that. If you are very sensitive to pain, I would suggest taking tylenol before hand. Just as a precaution.

No blockages were found. I'm glad I did it because it put my mind at ease. It does dilate & clean your tubes improving your fertility for 4-6 months (is what I was told). I idid, however, have 2 failed attempts after the HSG and I'll know in a couple of days if my 6th attempt (3rd post HSG) worked.

Best of luck to you!!
  • Options
    Thanks for sharing that info! This will be our 2nd attemp in about 2 weeks. I wish you only great reults.Many Prayers & Blessings to you!
  • Options
    I did not have any problems with my HSG at all...very quick and painless. I had not bloating. However, I did continue have failed attemps. I will know if this last attempt worked TuesdaY.
  • Options
    Had the test this morning, all was clear ! Now starting to test for LH surge the iui !
  • Options
    Congrats on all being clear! As for me no period yet,and it was due today ( I take meds so it should be clockwork)...tested negative so I'll test again in the morning.
  • Options
    hi, i found this test to be very painful. My tolerance to pain I will admit is not so high but as soon as the dye went in I was very crampy. The good thing is it didn't last long. The nurse who was in there had the procedure and also a child and said it can feel like labor pain. Anyway, I am glad I had it and the pain was worth knowing everything is good in there :)