Options

Donor Offspring - Contact Donor #324?

Hello Scott!

We spoke maybe 3 years ago about Donor #324 and you were very helpful in finding the medical info I had requested along with providing the additional personal profile information that had been in his profile as well.

Although it's commonplace now for donors to do personal statements, notes, describe themselves, send photos, etc and have it shared along with the vials and donor profiles - that was certainly not the case back in 1988 :)

So thank you - my family and I very much enjoyed reading more about the #324. I especially love his answer to the last question - "What message would you pass on to future recipients of your semen if you could?" And he responded "Live a happy life and don't forget where you came from".

Needless to say I have not forgotten where I come from - especially not biologically. So I was hoping to have the CCB reach out for to him for me? I'd love to tell him thank you and if he's open to connecting with me too I'd be thrilled although I know it's a long shot.

I believe you might have tried when we last talked 3 years ago too? But I can't remember (Do you keep records of such things?).

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's a policy of how often you are allowed to attempt to initiate connect once it's been requested? Or if you could try contacting again?

Appreciate any answers you're able to give. Thanks again Scott!!

-Meg

Comments

• Options
    I'll check this forum for replies
    or I can also be reached at: cartymeg @ gmail.com
  • Options
    Hi Meg -

Nice to hear from you. Our donor contact policy is pretty straight forward. Once your child turns 18, they contact us to reach out to the donor. We will facilitate all contact and maintain everyone's anonymity until both parties decide otherwise. Requests for contact can be made through La'Trice who can be reached lallen@cryobank.com.

http://www.cryobank.com/Services/Post-Conception-Services/Anonymous-Donor-Contact-Policy/

Best of luck,

Scott
  • Options
    Scott -

In this case, I'm the child, and well over age 18 so I'll definitely contract La'Trice!

Thanks!