Options

known donor services

Hello! I have a question about known donor services at the bank. If I have a friend who might be willing to donate for me ( he is PERFECT). We have been intimate recently on several ocassions and I hear in this case there is no need for quarantine or tests. Is that so? How long would it take to get his vials ready for IUI after he donates? Supposedly, we could try old-fashioned way but he is a bit hesitant about it since he wants to feel that he is just "helping" me out, I guess. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Muza -

We do offer Known Donor Services in our Los Angeles, Palo Alto, and New York labs.

Using a Know Donor can be a great option, but it is very important to consider all the issues (medical, legal, etc.) which do not apply to using an anonymous donor from a sperm bank. Relying on "the old fashioned way" can lead to major parental rights and responsibility issues (varying from state to state) that can dramatically effect you, your child, and the donor.

Please contact Devonna at dgordon@cryobank.com for all the details on our program.

You may also want to consider contacting a family law expert for guidance. The little bit of time and money you spend properly preparing will be well worth it in the long run.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB