Options

Donor 5842 Any vials out there!

I have a HUGE dilemma! My husband and i used this donor and got preggo last December 2007. On 9/11/08 we had a beautiful baby girl. Making the decision to use donor sperm was a very hard one, my husband has 0 sperm, he had a testicular biopsy and everything.

I had only purchase two vial of this donor and we did back to back IUI's and got pregnant, it was our 5Th IUI cycle. my pregnancy was great, and i kept checking CCB to see if there were still vials available and for awhile there were.

I couldn't go ahead and order extra vials in advance, because i only got approval from my insurance month by month, they paid for the donor sperm. Also i wanted to make sure that my baby was perfect and healthy before i stored addition vials.

Now my hubby and are already talking about baby number 2 and we want to use the same donor, but he has retired himself from the program. I cant tell my husband, because he already told me if we cant get the same donor he doesn't want another baby. i have put myself on the waiting list, if people return vials... but i am #3 on the list for 5842.

you can attempt to reactivate a donor, but it cost $250 for them to contact the donor just to ask, and then $1500 more for the testing, you are also responsible for any other fees the donor incurs, plus the cost of the vials themselves. So right now that is not an option for us!

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY VIALS OUT THERE THEY DO N'T WANT!?!?!

has anyone else been in this situation, what did you do????

please contact me at proudmommy08@ymail.com