Options

new donor sperm?

Hi Scott,

I have noticed that many sperm donors have either retired from donating, retired from numerous successful live births or are low on vials available.

Would you please let us know when you think we can expect either more vials from existing donors or will have new donors to choose from?

I am concerned because the availability isn't guaranteed and depending on the number of IUIs I need to get pregnant, I may have to use several different donor sperm.

Many thanks in advance for your response.

Comments

• Options
    Hi Hayley -

New donors, or additional vials for existing donors, are released as they clear the mandatory 6 month quarantine period. There is no set schedule.

If you have availability questions about specific donors, our Client Services Department can give you estimated release dates. You can also sign up to be notified prior to a release of a specific donor. They can be reached at 866-927-9622.

In general, it is very important to purchase and store vials when they are avaiable -- especially if you are thinking about a second child in the future. We collect limited numbers of vials on each donor to limit the potential number of children born. We offer free storage through or Family Today and Family Tomorrow plans, as well as a Buy-Back Option for any vials you do not end up using. Client Services can give you more details on these programs.

Best of luck,

Scott
    CCB