Options

blood test numbers

I have a question for those more experienced. After the looooong 2ww and they do a blood test....what kind of numbers are they looking for? I forget what number the nurse told me last time because I was still reeling from the fact that it was negative.
Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    After a BFP or BFN? I've never had a blood test after a negative, only the positive. They are Testing for HCG. You can google it to see what the range your number should fall in based on how many weeks pregnant you are.
  • Options
    My doctor schedules a blood test 2 weeks after insemination. I guess I thought that was standard. I'll ask him tomorrow when I go in for the IUI. 2ww here I come!
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm with kaylababy. My dr just says to call to schedule a blood test if no af in two weeks or if I get a bfp in two weeks. They are not standard for my dr but all drs are a little different.
  • Options
    Mine does 12 days after iui looking for progesterone. They look for a number over 10 to see if ovulation occured. Then day 16 to check for hcg levels.
  • Options
    Mine looks for more than 5 HCG at 14 days past IUI.
  • Options
    Every doctor seems to handle things differently....as long as it works, right??
  • Options
    My doctor requires blood tests 14 days after iui.
  • Options
    same here jenn7778....blood test tomorrow, I'll get results on Thursday! fingers crossed!!
  • Options
    Good luck tomorrow Jaimec!!!