Options

Any experiences with 13516?

Comments

• Options
    Not yet... I am planning my first IUI in a month. Have you tried yet ?
  • Options
    Tried 3 times with this donor - good numbers but no BFP - thinking about trying another.
  • Options
    I had my first IUI with this donor last week... I will keep you informed about my PT result...
  • Options
    We had our first iui with this donor as well....fingers crossed and baby dust to you tulipgirl!
  • Options
    Hi, I got a BFN from my first IUI :(
    riley04, do you already have your result?
  • Options
    Recently received an email from Ccb regarding this donor and an issue. If you are using or plan to use this donor call them regarding a potential issue.
  • Options
    We got a BFN as well :( but are currently undergoing more testing so we had to skip this past cycle :/...there were really good numbers too! Rayvic we got the phone call too-
  • Options
    Rayvic & riley04,

Could you elaborate on the issue? We're aware of some new medical info CCB has on this donor. Is that what you're referencing?
  • Options
    First off, go knights ha, fellow knight here. The issue per-say is not really an issue, after much research it's quite manageable. Yes, new medical info. I don't know what we can and can not say on these things...along with sorry for the late response...no way of getting notifications- if there is idk how to get it.
  • Options
    riley04 - Go Knights :-) Thanks for the response, and no worries about the delay in responding. I'd also imagine that we're limited in what can be said with respect to certain info, but it sounds like what we're on the same page with regards to what we are discretely referencing, lol. Best wishes to you and hope that you have positive results next time!
  • Options
    Thank you, we will b trying this cycle so fingers crossed. Good luck to you as well!
  • Options
    Hi,
    I got the call as well.. Medical issue starting with galac... :)
    I didnt want to worry about it ... I hope everything is ok.
    But I see they are not selling more vials from him... Is it because of this issue?
    I had my second IUI today... Not good numbers... 6 million
    I will keep you posted... My 2ww officially starts right now :)
  • Options
    Tulipgirl,

Yes - My understanding is that the medical issue you received a call regarding is the reason why the donor was removed from their public database. Doesn't seem like a major concern. We did the testing and are negative on our side, so it is of no concern for us. Maybe something to consider just to rule out any possibility for an issue.

Sorry to hear of the low numbers, but I hope that you are successful with your IUI. Please report back to let us know how things go!
  • Options
    Hey ladies! We skipped a cycle to do testing and are negative on our end as well.

We did our second IUI today- so the official 2ww starts today! Fingers crossed!

Tulipgirl- sorry to hear about the low numbers, but it only takes one! :D
  • Options
    Hi girls, can I ask you how much the testing was in your City? I live in México and here it is 1,200 US dlls ... I was wondering if it is cheaper somewhere in the States, I can travel and have the test done there ... It is the one from a molecular level. Right? Because the cheap one (200 dlls) was just to know if I had the condition or illness, but the thing here is to know if I have it in a "dormant" state.. Right?
    I bought three vials. The shipping to México almost doubled the price :( so if this IUI doesnt work (this is the second one) I will move to IVF but I want to skip a cycle to do the testing (it was kind of late this last time).

Riley04, good luck on your IUI !! Please let us know :)
  • Options
    Riley - do you mind sharing the count from your recent IUI? I'm a little concerned with the variation in reported counts... Hoping we have a good number. Planning to have our first IUI in sometime around mid-March.

tulipgirl - We had the lab bill our insurance and were fortunate that they picked up the cost. Quest Diagnostics billed just under $500, insurance paid around $250. My understanding is that you need to determine whether or not you are a carrier. Good luck.
  • Options
    We still haven't heard back from our ins to find out the cost of the test but we were told it wouldn't be more than $700 if it's not covered. The nurse told us that our latest count was 35mil.
  • Options
    Hi !
    The second IUI was a BFN again :(
    I will move to IVF.
    Riley04, do you already have your result?
  • Options
    Hello! We got a BFN for our second as well..
    Tulipgirl- are you going to do more testing or just move right into IVF? I guess if you've done enough testing there is no need for more..we're you using anything with your iui cycles, hormones, or just natural..? If you don't mind me asking. ..
  • Options
    Hi,
    I referred to the donor's situation testing. I havent tested myself for the galactosemia ..
    Talking about the procedure the thing is that I want to be a single mother by choice so this was my second time ever. I have never tried before so they just asked me to check my tubes, blood testing, etc and everything is ok.
    I know two times is nothing compared with those trying for years before they start treatment but if I continue with inseminations I will be run out of sperm and it will be more expensive to buy more (for the shipping cost). It is cheaper to pay 2 invitros than to order more !
    So I decided to try invitro... I hope it works. Right now they put me on the pill for a month. So let's see what happens.
    Sorry for my english but it is not my first language.
    They gave me femara last two tries.. And trigger shot and progesterone..
    Are you trying again?
  • Options
    Hi,
    I referred to the donor's situation testing. I havent tested myself for the galactosemia ..
    Talking about the procedure the thing is that I want to be a single mother by choice so this was my second time ever. I have never tried before so they just asked me to check my tubes, blood testing, etc and everything is ok.
    I know two times is nothing compared with those trying for years before they start treatment but if I continue with inseminations I will be run out of sperm and it will be more expensive to buy more (for the shipping cost). It is cheaper to pay 2 invitros than to order more !
    So I decided to try invitro... I hope it works. Right now they put me on the pill for a month. So let's see what happens.
    Are you trying again?
  • Options
    Hi,
    Are you trying again?
  • Options
    Sorry, my computer wouldn't let me see your response until now. We decided to do one more iui before we make any changes. We are on day 8 of the dreaded tww. Fingers crossed here. Have a good feeling but I don't want to take a home testing kit lol. Would rather feel positive than hear negative stuff. We are not doing any meds trigger progesterone etc until we find out the results this go around.
  • Options
    BFN for us this month. Hoping for better luck next month.
  • Options
    Sadly we were too. We are going to do more testing on our end ... This was our third iui without any 'extras'...I guess it's time to use a little help. This go around was about 30mil and my progesterone level at 7 days after was a16.8- we were hopeful but got the BFN news yesterday.
  • Options
    riley04 - sorry to hear your results.

Our count was 10 million. First IUI. Our RE seems pretty conservative, so they stick with nothing but OPKs for the first few attempts. Since they're the only option in town, we're going with it and hoping for positive results sooner than later!
  • Options
    Been pretty quiet lately. Hope all is going OK.

riley04 & tulipgirl, are you still trying with this donor?
  • Options
    We were just thinking that on our end too... We will still try with this donor....however, we had to take last cycle this cycle and probably the next cycle off for testing :/ oh well. We figure it'll b for the best. We were doing the iui's natural and after testing if all comes out good we will introduce hormones if needed.

How's your end going ucf?
  • Options
    Riley -

Sorry you've had to hold back for a few months, but happy to hear that you're finding it to ultimately be positive.

Last month was a bust for us. OPKs haven't been too effective, so we'll be doing Clomid and a trigger shot in May. Hoping that may increase our potential for success.
  • Options
    Hello ladies! Just checking in- how is everyone?