Options

In love with 14600, thoughts?

The picture was what pulled me in at first much better then the most of the others.

His personality really shone through in the writings. Seemed to take them so much more seriously than others who write short answers

Seemed like he was athletic, smart and attractive. Get a weird nerdy vibe from many donors

I sort of feel like maybe I'm maybe drawn to him for the wrong reasons like I should be more concerned with finding someone who looks like me or shares similar interests.

Does anyone else know what I mean?

https://cryobank.com/Donor/14600/

Comments

• Options
    I think your gut feeling is a vital part of picking, and I believe personality is partly inherited, so if you like his personality a lot, that's a big plus. Remember, your baby will be a combination of you both, so just because he doesn't look like you doesn't mean your baby won't. I picked a donor I felt similar to you about, he was thoughtful about his answers, attractive and confident. He did not look anything like me, but we shared similar features such as straight noses, no dimples, etc. most important to me, he had a great family health history. I also felt like his audio interview was not someone I would be embarrassed for my child to hear one day. My son is now 11 months old. He is a combo of myself and my donor, he's perfect (imho) and I feel comfortable about who I chose. Trust your gut! There's no right or wrong answer. Good luck!
  • Options
    We're planning to use 14600 soon!

I agree so much with what you said. I like how you put it with so many others seeming "nerdy." I want the father of my child to be a man, not some nasal voiced weirdo.
  • Options
    Finally pulled the trigger and bought 10 vials. I hope to have at least two children with him and I'm worried he'll run out pretty quick.

Definitely keep us posted, I'll be sure to swing back around with progress and news!

So exciting!
  • Options
    First attempt is scheduled in mid January.

Anyone else going with him? Looking to start a Facebook group or something
  • Options
    First attempt is scheduled in mid January.

Anyone else going with him? Looking to start a Facebook group or something
  • Options
    Lizzie- any luck with this donor?
  • Options

Hi Lizzie77800 - how did it go with your plans the past year? I have a one month old daughter with 14600 and would be interested in possibly being connected with you and others with siblings.

• Options

Our son with 14600 was born end of February - first try with IVF after multiple unsuccessful IUI attempts with another donor. I felt a very strong connection to 14600 right out of the gate but he was new at the time and didn't have reported pregnancies yet so we ended up going with someone else at a different bank entirely- as fate should have it we ran out of the other donor and before buying more I checked back on 14600 just in case...and there were pregnancies! We didn't even think twice about going with him at that point and are so glad we did.

We're SO incredibly grateful for the people who took a leap of faith, bought 14600 when he was still new and reported their pregnancies. If anyone reading this happens to be one of those people THANK YOU so much!

• Options

Oh my, another 14600 mother!

We took the leap of faith with him because our problems are primarily on my husband's side. First try we conceived! I know the joy that he brings us and I hope we had a small part in bringing you yours!

How was your pregnancy? How is your son doing? Our kids are half brothers, that's so cool!

• Options

How are the kids doing? I am considering this donor.

• Options

My son is doing great, thanks for asking! He's very blonde, which was a little unexpected. What do you like about him as a donor? I liked the way he talked and his voice sounded, that's what sold us.

Isn't 14600 sold out? I'm not sure he has any vials left.

• Options

Hey everyone, I made a FB group to share pictures of our half-sibling kids, discuss habits and maybe eventually meet up!

I'm the only member for now, but I have high hopes for the future. Feel free to use a fake FB account if you're not comfortable using your real one.

California Cryobank Donor 14600 Mothers and Children
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/174059026601602/