Options

Known donors

Has anyone tried going the route of a known donor before coming here?

Has anyone thought about using a known donor or waiting to hear from one?

Comments

• Options
    This is just my opinion...but I advise you to really, really think about this one. It's very freightening for me to think that someone would legally have rights to MY child. Even under the best circumstances, many times, once the baby arrives, the "sperm donor" wants to become "daddy". I can't fatham the thought of going through the whole IUI process and only end up having to share MY baby. Even when things are notorized, the courts have been known to give the sperm donor custody rights which means that your child may end up spending one night a week, every other weekend, every other holiday and 4 weeks out of the summer with someone other than you. I would not be willing to do that, but that's just me. I would be sure to contact an attorney before proceeding any further.

Good luck!
  • Options
    MistyandCarla i totaly agree with u and is why i taking this route!! the thought of shareing my child freaks me out!!
  • Options
    I agree with both of you. I just want to know what else ladies on here have tried before going this route.