Options

DECIDING INFORMATION

I AM NEW AT THIS AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT TO LOOK FOR OR WHAT NOT TO LOOK FOR! I AM HAVING A HARD TIME DECIDING ON HOW TO PICK THESE DONORS TO NARROW THEM DOWN? HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN TRING AND WHAT IS YOUR STATE OF MIND?

Comments

• Options
    It is really completely up to you and your taste but they way my partner and I did it was simple our RE required IUI vials and we wanted someone tall because both of our families are on the short side and if we had a boy we wanted to give him a good shot at being tall. So we check must have IUI and must have 6' or above. My partner did not want an open donor and we wanted caucasian so that was it we serached and that knocked it down immediately to about 75. Then we read every one of those profiles and cut out a good chunk due to balding, not liking the medical history of donor or family, (as shallow as this sounds) not liking the baby photo or not having one on file, and some just because they seemed to lack personality. We were left with 3 we loved and printed all the info and handed to over to our family they read the profiles and all picked the same one. (the one we had already decided we loved) we got pregnant on our second unmedicated try and have a beautiful 13 month old baby boy (who is VERY tall :) ) trying for number 2 in novemeber. good luck!
  • Options
    I did basically the same thing:I picked ideal features (not to tall not too short), eye colors I wanted, et cetera, then believe it or not I looked at careers...those who majored in art were not for me (figured too much of a dreamer and I'm an artist)..I basically chose those things that I did not excel in..science, math, athletics, then I screened all for medical history...no cancer as I've had cancer and so has my mother...IUI as that is what I needed and the rest went by my impression of what they were like. It took me about 2 months of reading, printing, sharing with my two closest friends, and narrowing it down to first choice, second choice and last choice.
  • Options
    Oh, also I called the cryo staff and asked them what they thought. Everyone but some chick name Fannie or Frannie is very helpful.
  • Options
    THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! BY READING YOUR REPLIES, I SEEM TO BE RIGHT ON TRACK! I HAVE DONE EVERYTHING YOU GUYS HAVE SAID!
    JALA, THAT IS GREAT NEWS, GOOD LUCK ON TRING FOR NUMBER TWO! SO YOUR IUI WAS UNMEDICATED??? DID YOU HAVE EXTRA VIALS SO THAT NUMBER TWO WILL BE BIOLOGICAL SIBLINGS???
    GRACAS?? DID YOU HAVE ANY PROGRESS?
  • Options
    haha gracas that is funny my partners whole family is artistic so we cut out all the actors and painters etc and went with someone math and science oriented as well so he would be more well rounded :)

bearski - thanks! it was unmedicated. my partner carried she was almost 37 at the time and will be 39 this time around but RE said she still wants to go at least one unmedicated round for her this time since there are no fertility issues. We had 4 vials left for a sibling and another mom sold us 2 more so we have 6 total...hoping it is enough for 2 more kids!
  • Options
    That is wonderful.... I wish u much luck!
  • Options
    Exactly Jala...the dreamer artistic thing is covered!
    Bearski, I haven't done my first one yet as though I could have tried last month, I wanted to wait until all my test results came back clear. Turns out I have one blocked fallopian due to a massive fibroid outside of my uterus..Doc wants to proceed anyhow so this month will be my first. Anxious but trying not to get my hopes up. Plus I only have two vials as my number one guy sold out pronto so I'm a little ..whatever!.. about the whole thing. Praying to St. Gerard to help a sister out.
  • Options
    We chose our donor based on my features - my wife (partner) is carrying for us. So we wanted someone spanish because i'm spanish. I also wanted someone TALL cuz my wife is 5'2 and I don't want a short kid! LoL...and neither of us were blessed with a great metabolism so we wanted someone "skinny". So our guy is spanish, tall and skinny. My wife also has bad vision so that was a priority on my list so our donor also has excellent vision. Then health and looks was also important, which he has both! The only thing we sorta dislike is his hair! It's super duper curly, but it will be ok. And she doesn't like that he has a dimpled chin either.

Our pickings were slim though, very few spanish donors!
  • Options
    GRACAS! WELL I WILL BE CHEERIN YOU ON! I HAVE THEN NARROWED DOWN TO 4, DID YOU BUY THE LEVERL 2 PACKAGE? I AM CURIOUS TO SEE IF ANY OF THAT INFOR ON THERE IS WORTH GETTING? ALL OF MY TESTS CAME BACK ALREADY! I DO NOT OVULATE SO I WILL NEED TO MEDICATED FOR THAT! WISH YOU WELL!

THANKS FOR YOUR OUTLOOK TOMMIE! ARE YOU GUYS PREGNANT YET OR EVEN STARTED THE PROCESS?

R YOU DOING IUI OR IVF?