Options

Donor 15802 Siblings

What's up Donor 15802 families! I have a son using Donor 15802, and after joining a Facebook group for Donor Conceived People (DCP) where DCPs expressed the importance of connecting with their half-siblings, I made a commitment to my son to connect with his siblings early on. I have connected with several families (SMBCs, LGBT, and Heterosexual couples), via our Facebook group. If you are committed to doing the same for your child(ren), please feel free to reach out to me via Facebook. We just ask that you be pregnant or parenting offspring using Donor 15802, as that is required to access California Cryobank's Sibling Registry where our Facebook information (same handle) is located. I am so excited to be a part of changing the next generation's donor conception experience to more of a positive and proud experience for our babies! Looking forward to meeting you!

Comments

• Options
    solo23solo23 Posts: 5
    edited October 30, 2022 2:37AM

Hi, @Maggiej13! So glad to see a post like this. I follow the DCP Facebook group, too. I saw another post (now can't find it) about extra vials from this donor. Do you still have them? I did a round of IVF with an anonymous donor, but after spending some time in the FB group, am trying to find an ID Disclosure donor for my second cycle. I think we're also both in the Mocha SMC space. Hoping you'll see this!

• Options

Hi @solo23 ! Yes, I’ve found that group to be very informative, and I appreciate the emotional labor put forth by the DCP in that group! And yes, I’m in the Mocha SMC group as well. Feel free to send me a message! I don’t have any vials for sale. I wish you had seen the (very short lived) post in Mocha where I posted his vials were going on sale the next morning. I think a few Mocha’s were able to get some of the vials available. The donor does currently have IVF vials still available, but they are now only available to previously pregnant and/or parenting families. But be sure to give them a call… never hurts to try! Good luck to you!

• Options

@solo23 I checked the website this morning. Check out donor 17064. Looks comparable! 6’4”, ID Disclosure, CMV Negative, Physics degree, with expanded testing. Looks like he’s new, so no pregnancies yet, but someone has to be the first! Good luck to you!

• Options

Thanks, @Maggiej13! I’d actually considered Donor 17064, but I can’t use him because he’s a thalassemia carrier. I will definitely give the bank a call tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed!