Options

Best “equipment” for at home ICI?

Hi all- my partner and I are going into our second cycle of trying to conceive at home via ICI. The first time was kind of a learning experience- we bought the Mosie syringe and we had an issue getting the specimen out of the vial because the syringe tip is too big and didn’t fit. The vials are soooo tiny with such a little amount of fluid in each, we kinda weren’t expecting that. What kind of syringe have you guys used for this? Something with a long enough tip to get into the bottom of the vial I suppose? We thought of transferring the specimen into another container with a wider opening and then pulling it into the Mosie but we didn’t want to risk losing any of the fluid. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated! Needless to say our first go around didn’t work lol.

Comments

• Options

have you looked into the STORK

• Options

I used Stork OTC, tried 3 times, and got pregnant at the 3rd time! I found it very easy to use. You may want to use Pre-Seed lubricant with it, makes the insertion really easy. Before I decided to take ICI at home, I tried 4 times of IUI at a doctor's office, and obviously no success at all. The process was time-consuming (numerous office visit during the cycle), frustrating (never any sort of conclusion after failure), and not to mention the pressure from the medical bills (each office visit costs about $600). In the end, i lost faith to the process and started doing research online for at-home insemination. Hope this helps. Good luck!