Options

Donor 14495

Anyone had any success with this donor? We had our first IUI and weren't successful but don't want to lose hope just yet!

Comments

• Options

did you have any success yet with this donor ? (14495)

• Options

Any success? We purchased some vials for this donor hoping all goes well

• Options

We are going to try again... motility rate was at about 38% and count was at 10.2 million, not the best numbers so hoping the next vial is a bit better.

• Options

Hi , just wanted to let you all know that we used donor 14495 and we were successful in our first IUI . Currently pregnant! :)

• Options
    Kylie18Kylie18 Posts: 7
    edited July 21, 2018 3:31AM

Hi @Emma05, congrats on your pregnancy! I will be going in for my first IUI next cycle using donor 14495. Hopefully I will have the same outcome as yours😁
    Do you happen to recall the sperm count and motility rate for donor 14495 at the time of your IUI? Do you have any advice for me prior to going in for my first IUI? And also did you take prenatal vitamins before trying to conceive? Thank you, hope to hear from you soon.

• Options
    wijaybirdwijaybird Posts: 9
    edited July 24, 2018 7:44AM

I'm in my TWW with my first IUI with donor #14495. The count was pretty low on this vial, but I'm still hoping. I ordered several vials, so I have more if it doesn't work, but I really hope I won't have to this use them this time. I will start testing this Thursday, but my beta isn't until Monday 7/30. Hoping and praying! Congrats @Emma05 and good luck @Kylie18!

@Kylie18 I know you asked Emma, but I'll answer too lol. The IUI was quick and uneventful, but it's the TWW that is torture. I hate this not knowing. I don't remember what his motility rate was, but I don't think it was that low. His sperm count was only around 3 million though, which is a lot lower than I hoped. I was on prenatal vitamins and still am, I took 5 days of 50mg clomid and a trigger shot. I'm taking progesterone now to help it implant and stay and will continue that if I get pregnant.

Baby dust to us both!

• Options

@wijaybird Thank you so much for the information you provided me about donor 14495. I know the TWW will be torture for me as well LoL. It will probably feel like eternity. Sending my hopes and prayers you’re way, hopefully you’ll get a positive outcome on your first try. Please keep me posted 😊

• Options

@wijaybird any updates on how your first IUI turned out?
    I’m currently on my TWW with my first IUI and should find out this coming Friday. This TWW is killing me! 🤯

• Options

@Kylie18 I'm sorry, I just saw this! The first IUI did not work and the doctors believe is because the sperm count was so low. In fact, it was so low that California cryobank issued me a refund for that vial. However, the second vial was well above the guaranteed count and I'm currently 5 weeks, 4 days pregnant! I'm super excited!!! I'm also sooo nervous and scared about a miscarriage though, but I'm trying to stay hopeful and positive.

How did it go with your first IUI? I know most IUIs don't work the first time, so please don't be discouraged if it didn't work. Hoping it did! :)

• Options

@wijaybird no worries, thanks for responding. First IUI was unsuccessful. Sperm count was a little over 10million which my doctor said was a good number but somehow it just didn’t work out on the first try. My partner and I were devastated but still feeling hopeful for the next IUI.

Btw, congrats on your pregnancy. I’m super excited for you. Staying hopeful and positive is very important, you got this 😉 I’m sure you’ll have a wonderful pregnancy.

• Options
    Emma05Emma05 Posts: 4
    edited October 3, 2018 1:56PM

Hi there, so far Im 23 weeks pregnant with this donor , the IUI was quick and I was taking vitamins before for months , after my IUI I went back to work and continued with my day . It was all very quick ! The pregnancy is going awesome and Ive had no problems so far. Also we are having a girl that likes to suck her thumb in the belly , she looks very cute and moves a lot ! :)

• Options

@Emma05 that’s great!!! Congrats!! I’m on my second round 2dpiui. Fingers and toes are crossed but I, doing everything diff this time. Not worrying about every move I make. Just going to enjoy my weeks and hope for the best.

• Options

@Emma05 congrats on your little girl my partner and I were successful with this donor was well through IVF, we are expecting a little boy come Feb. He loves to sleep with one hand near his face and is very shy always has his legs crossed took us a bit to determine sex because the little guy wouldn't cooperate. Are any of you who are pregnant registered in the sibling registry?

• Options

@XGO26 So far 34 weeks pregnant here. Our little girl loves to sleep with her hand on her face also ! We are not registered in the sibling registry, but I would love to stay in touch !

• Options

You should register we did, our son was actually just born 4 days ago, and still sleeps with his hands by his face. Overall healthy pregnancy and delivery, I'm curious of any others had luck with this donor.

• Options

Congrats @XGO26 on your baby boy! I am due in 8 weeks with a little girl from this donor. @Emma05 I am assuming you have had your little girl as well, so congrats! :) I know there is at least one other girl that was born last year around this time according to the sibling registry. I plan on announcing my girl's birth when she comes on the registry. I would love to stay in touch with you all! I am not sure how to go about that though.

• Options

Wow seems like this donor has had a lot of success with people, all girls it seems that’s great news. I don’t mind putting my email address on here, I wish everyone else who is trying with this donor the best of luck, don’t give up, took us a few tries but in the end our little guy was worth it, congrats again @wijaybird

• Options

I created a Facebook group called "California Cyrobank Donor #14495" if anyone wants to go there and request to join. I made it closed, so people can find the group, but they won't be able to see who is in it or what we would post, unless I approve their join. Last summer I was told he had 5 reported pregnancies and that was before the ones on this thread, so there should be about 8 or so now. I wouldn't mind putting my email address on here either, as I think connecting would be worth it.

• Options

Can you post the Facebook page link on here, I couldnt find it. Wow 8 offspring, and here I thought there was only 1other since that is all I see on the siblings registry

• Options

I am not sure if there is 8 or not, I just know last summer CCB admin said that there was more than 5 reported pregnancies and that was before you guys or I got pregnant, so I am estimating around 8. However, it only says pregnancies and not births, so I am not sure of the number. As of right now, the only ones I know that are confirmed are the one girl on the sibling registry, your little boy, Emma's girl and my girl that is due in 8 weeks. But according to their statement, there could be more.

Here is the FB group link. :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/780210149027793/